Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How am I going to handle the challenges of the day?

Last weekend we went on our first vacay as a family of four, and now I need a vacay from my vacay.  Isn't that ironic? No really, it was alot of fun, but sleeping in hotels is totally different now that we have two kids under the age of three.  The days of the nice black out curtains, sleeping in, and ordering room service are long gone.  But you know what? I wouldn't change a thing!  Memories were made that will last a lifetime, even if I am too tired to remember them. :)

With that being said, we pulled back into our driveway Sunday night and when I woke up Monday, the anxiety sat in.  I stood there and stared at the piles of laundry, bags that needed unpacking, groceries that needed to be bought, dishes that needed to be washed, and the to do list just kept on growing. I could feel the anxiety and panic growing in my chest and honestly didn't even know where to start.  On top of that, I was completely exhausted.

I think so many times as mommas, we forget to put ourselves in the equation.  One thing that has really helped decrease my anxiety has been working out.  Even for just thirty minutes a day.  My friends ask me, how do you have time? Well, I don't necessarily have it, but I make it.  It is a non-negotiable.  I am a better mom, more patient, a better wife, more productive, if I take thirty minutes out for me to workout in our basement each morning.  Well guess what, yesterday I didn't make that time.  I felt more irratible yesterday and anxious than I had in a while.  I know how crucial that thirty minutes is for me.  The natural endorphins it gives me and the extra energy to meet an already overly demanding schedule.
So as you read this article, think about what you can do to give yourselves thirty minutes everyday.  I can guarantee you, if you are an anxious person this will really help improve your mood.  As moms, we have to take care of ourselves.  If we don't do it, then noone else will. Our little people depend on us.  Our husbands depend on us.  And you deserve that time to reconnect and focus on your physical health.  In return you are automically helping your mental health.  Have a great Tuesday Friends.  Love yourself today. You are worth it. :)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/exercise-and-mood/201110/exercise-anxiety?destination=blog%2Fexercise-and-mood%2F201110%2Fexercise-anxiety

No comments:

Post a Comment